I get asked this question with just about every client I meet. Once I finally convince them they need to do it, they end up dropping the ball and don’t follow through. These are some of the excuses I hear.
- It takes far too much time
- There is already enough information out there, and I don’t want to clutter my website with useless content.
- No one reads them, do they?
Lets tackle these excuses with some quick answers:
- You can outsource, hire, buy or even borrow allot of your blog content saving you valuable time.
- A well designed website can have lots of content without looking cluttered.
- You may not get hundreds of followers, but its the ones it converts to customers than matter.
Here are some real reasons why you need to blog!
- Information when people need it, NOW!
Unless you’re some sort of machine, you are not running your business 24 hours a day. When someone asks a question you know the answer to, and your not there to answer it, you may have just lost that customer. Having a blog puts that information right there ready and waiting for them. With all the smart phones, tablets, and computers now, the first place we turn to for answers is the internet before we call someone. So have the answer there and ready!
- Find out what your potential customer want to know.
This is the great thing about technology now. We can see what everyone is doing. With many different blogs tackling different topics you will start to see which ones get viewed more or get more feedback. By creating an path of information via links and calls to action in the blog, you will be able to create qualified leads and turn them into customers.
- We all want Search Engine Optimization.
Well your blog is going to be one of the best ways to get that. If your blog is original, relevant, keyword rich and updated regularly, search engines like Google or Yahoo will love you!, You’ll be rewarded with improved search results as well as multiple website pages showing up for searches. New potential customers will have an easier time finding you online, and will appreciate your educational focus.
I hope this answers your question and you understand you need to blog. How often and what kind of content can be a little tricky and really depends on your business. This might be the right time to seek a business coach, Marketing professional, or respected colleague in your profession for help.
Do you need help setting up a blog?
Please contact us, we will be happy to help you out, we specialize in WordPress website which are one of the best blogging platforms out there.